Dental veneers fall into the category of cosmetic dentistry and are used to create a bright, white smile with beautifully aligned, shapely teeth. Veneers can replace chipped, uneven, or spaced teeth with well-aligned, shapely teeth. Even better, the translucent ceramic quality of today’s veneers provides a more natural-looking bright, white smile. Regardless of what causes unattractive teeth, dental veneers may solve most or all of the issues, including:
- Over time, the thin, hard white substance covering your teeth (the enamel) may become worn, dulled and discolored.
- Aged teeth are more likely to have an uneven appearance, chips, or cracks, and be worn down due to years of wear and tear.
- Certain people may be born with spacing between the teeth that grows wider as they age.
- Uneven teeth can result from tooth grinding or general wear and tear.
- Some people have a genetic predisposition to the wearing of enamel. For others, the cause of enamel wear may be a heavy smoking habit. Similarly, tea, coffee, medications (such as tetracycline), and soft drinks may have an impact on the discoloration of teeth by slowly eating away at the enamel.